Coordinator: Sis. Lorraine Kidd
Assistant: Bro. Sheldon West
AIM OF THE COUPLES’ MINISTRY
The aim of the Ministry is to enrich marriages, prepare partners to deal with marital issues and to provide a support group for couples.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. CO-ORDINATOR / MODERATOR
The Co-ordinator is responsible for the overall leadership and efficient administration of the Couples Ministry to ensure programmes are planned as well as implemented to meet the aims of the Ministry.
1. To organize and implement programmes to enrich marriages, to prepare couples to deal with marital issues and to strengthen the spiritual lives of members of the Ministry.
2. To create a supportive environment for couples in the church and community.
3. To organize planning/special meetings of the Planning Committee
4. To maintain systems to communicate information on the programmes of the ministry.to members as well as the church and the community
5. To maintain systems for accurate record-keeping and financial reporting.
6. To evaluate the effectiveness of the Ministry and to take corrective action as may be required.
7. To liaise with and submit a report to the relevant members of the Church Council as may be required.
8. To refer couples for counselling as may be required.
9. To perform any other duties as may be required.
An annual retreat is held in June.
Meetings are held fourth Saturdays of every other month at 6 pm.