Superintendent: Sis. Kamla Louden-Dawkins
Assistant: Sis. Andrea Toussaint
Our aim at Family Bible Hour (FBH) is:
- Providing an opportunity for students to commit their lives to the Lord.
- Promoting family values.
- Serving others
- Fostering healthy spiritual, social and emotional development.
- Assisting the vulnerable and less fortunate.
- Encouraging students to develop and strengthen their relationship with the Lord by reading their Bibles and praying daily.
FBH is held on 1st and 4th Sundays on the zoom platform beginning at 3pm. Each session begins with devotion after which students are placed in their respective classes according to age. The classes are :
- Beginners (Ages 4-6)
- Younger Children (Ages 7-9)
- Older Children (Ages 10-12)
- Youths (Ages 13-18)
- Young Adults (Ages 19-26)
- Adults (Ages 27-)
Although classes are interactive and fun filled, emphasis is placed on learning Bible verses (Memory verses) and applying them to daily lives. The Caribbean Bible Lessons produced by the Caribbean Christian Publications are used as a guide in the preparations of lessons.
Activities of FBH include:
- JBU Sunday School Exam/ Creative Arts Competition
- Christmas Treat
- Teachers’ Workshop
- FBH Recruitment Drive
- FBH Sports Day
- FBH Anniversary
- Vacation Bible School