EBCEL is a revolving loan scheme, designed to assist tertiary level students. The loan was established as a result of a donation made to the Edgewater Baptist Church by a benefactor, whose sole purpose is to impact our young peoples’ lives.
To apply fill out the online application form below as well as the forms under resource material below.
WHO IS QUALIFIED FOR A LOAN UNDER THIS SCHEME?
- Members of the Edgewater/Waterford Circuit of Baptist Churches
- Family members
- Regular visitors
- Individuals between the age of 17 and 25 years
- Currently attending a local tertiary institution or has been accepted to one.
Required Documents from applicant?
1. One (1) passport size photograph certified by a Justice of the Peace or an Attorney. Photographs should be taken in colour with a matte/dull finish, against a plain background. The dimension of the photograph should be 45mm in length and 35 mm in width.
2. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from the listed persons.
Letters should be dated, signed and imprinted with the individual or organization’s stamp/seal.
- Justice of the Peace (JP)
- School Principal/Teacher/ Lecturer
- Employer (past or present)
- Minister of Religion
- Medical Practitioner
3. Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN). TRN card or the slip issued by the Inland Revenue Department is acceptable.
4. One (1) Photographic identification (one of the following)
ii. Driver’s Licence
iii. National Identification (Voter’s ID)
5. Birth Certificate (original or a certified copy is acceptable)
6. Tertiary level Transcript showing the Grade Point Average (GPA) for the previous academic year. This is only applicable if you are already enrolled in a tertiary institution. Please be advised that the minimum required GPA is 2.0.
7. Letter of acceptance for students who will be entering the institution for the first time.